The first impression your home makes to a buyer; it sets the tone for the whole viewing of the house. To, in addition to decluttering, depersonalizing and feng shui-ing your home—you also need to ensure that it has great ‘curb appeal’.
Your home’s ‘curb appeal’ will set the tone for every showing your home gets. If people are thrown off by their first impression and the exterior of your home, then their opinions could be tainted the entire viewing, and your home won’t stand a chance. Improve your odds and boost your home final sale value by following these curb appeal-improving tips:
- Avoid potential buyers saying “this needs to be fixed” or “that needs upgrading” by making minor repairs.
- Nitpicking starts at the front of the house so do a walk-by before every showing.
- Make little efforts with easy-to-do things like cutting the grass, picking up trash, shovelling snow, salting, weeding and trimming gardens and lawns, touching up paint, trimming hedges, ensuring your front door is clean and freshly painted, wash the windows, etc.
- Ensure there is no clutter anywhere, especially at the front door.
- Create a welcoming and inviting appearance by using welcome mats, flower boxes, etc.
- Make sure your home is well-lit at night.
- Keep your walkway in good repair.
- Use handrails or salted stairs in winter (to avoid lawsuits too).
- Keep your garage door in good condition, paint it if needed. Replace the door if it is dented.
- Neighbours can impact on your curb appeal, so ask them to clean it up
If you haven’t heard these home-listing tips before–then you need me…because these aren’t the only home value-adding tips we can provide! Call us today for more…